Wednesday, July 18, 2007

October 15, 2003



I welcomed people to this session, known as 'the bridge', with a definate sense of humour.




Strategically placed sticky cloth kept this session g-rated. Penelope Mulligan likened the atmosphere to that of childbirth with midwife, (with a lot less blood and no full nudity).



To lighten things up, I made a colouring book in advance, which was used to great effect by the audience.



I had implicit trust of Teresa before, but this sealed the deal.



The 100% most painful moment in the entire series - over the pubic bone.



The incomprable Gretchen Elsner played free form viola in one of the most contemporary musical expressions during the run.



My connection with my musicians was at times palpable, others not as much. This one was a stand out.



Not long now, and my anticipation is evident.


By this point a surprising fact came to light - I had regulars who attended. It was unexpected but welcome. Seen here, Sarah Hunter and Shawn Robinson who each attended at least four, look on with Lisa Grey and Penelope Mulligan.

No comments: